Saturday, April 14, 2007

We Found Your Bag...No We Didn't...Yes We...Nevermind

I have come to the conclusion that American Airlines is like a big disfunctional family.

Yesterday I received a phone call from a very helpful American Airlines representative, who informed me that they had located my suitcase in Ottawa and would be sending it on to me in Phoenix. The bag could arrive as early as last night, or else would be here today (Saturday).

I checked at the front desk here at the hotel to see if my bag had arrived, and it had not. So I continued to check the automated service through American Airlines. It still reported that my bag had not yet been found.

This morning, during the mainstage keynote at COFES, my cell phone started vibrating in my pocket. The display indicated a 613 area code. I had no idea where that was, so I let the call go to voice mail. When the keynote session was over, I checked my messages. It was an American Airlines agent in Ottawa, inquiring about my bag. She said that they had a bag there that matched my description, but that since the bag was tagged on United Airlines rather than American, it might not be my bag. I immediately returned the call, but no one answered (I let it ring 50 times...it never went to voice mail).

So I called the main American Airlines 1-800 number for lost luggage. The woman who answered pulled up my record, which indicated that the bag was indeed still in Ottawa. She then attempted to call the American agents in Ottawa, with the same results (no answer, no voice mail).

At this point it appears that my bag is still in Ottawa. If it leaves there now, it might make it to Phoenix before I leave here to go on to Orlando. Or maybe not.

It all depends on whether or not Ottawa answers its phone.

By the way. Here's what my suitcase looks like. If you see it, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment