Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Spur-of-the-Moment in Tulsa

I got a phone call at 4:30pm this afternoon from Heidi Hewett asking if I was planning to attend the AutoCAD User Group meeting here in Tulsa tonight. I'm in Tulsa for tomorrow's CAD Camp. I told here that I didn't even know there was a user group meeting tonight.

But of course I'd attend the meeting. So Heidi drove over to my hotel and picked me up so that I could also join the LUG sponsors for dinner prior to the meeting.

Once at the meeting, Heidi did a presentation on many of the new features in AutoCAD 2008 and then I followed with a shortened version of my talk on the new Tables features in AutoCAD 2008. (A copy of the handout for the full version of this presentation is avaialble on my website.)

Both Heidi's and my talks were well received. We concluded the meeting by raffling off some prizes and encouraging the local AutoCAD users to attend tomorrow's CAD Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment